Biodiversity Action Plan
The editor is grateful to the support received from numerous colleagues in the various organisations within and adjacent to Calderdale for advice and comments made in the preparation of this document.
Photographs have been supplied by Phil Lomax, Mike Sykes and from the Countryside and Forestry Unit collection compiled by volunteers and staff.
Particular thanks are due to the plan authors:
- Ancient and species rich hedgerows - Colin Duke, Halifax Scientific Society
- Canals – Jonathan Hart-Woods, Jason Leach and Marie Millward, British Waterways
- Unimproved grasslands – Tim Kohler, English Nature
- Upland heathland and Blanket bog – Paul Duncan, English Nature
- Priority Species – Hugh Firman, Countryside Service, Calderdale Council
- Pink waxcap - Colin Duke, Halifax Scientific Society
- Twite – Tim Cleeves, RSPB
- Water vole – Hugh Firman (based substantially on a version prepared by Anne Heeley, Countryside Service, Bradford Council with additional assistance from Brian Lavelle, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust).
The following members of the Technical Group provided valuable support, advice and encouragement: Vince Carter (formerly Countryside Service, Calderdale Council), Jacqui North (West Yorkshire Ecology) and Tim Kohler / Felicite Dodd (English Nature).