Calderdale Local Access Forum
What is Calderdale Local Access Forum?
As set down in the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000, the Calderdale Local Access Forum’s function is to provide advice to the Council and other bodies on matters relating to:
- the improvement of public access to land for the purposes of open-air recreation and the enjoyment of the area;
- the needs of land management, and the desirability of conserving the natural beauty and habitats of the area.
Calderdale has the largest density of Open Access Land of any district access authority in England. Its access facilities also include a very high density of public rights of way, the National Trust land at Hardcastle Craggs, Yorkshire Water access facilities and much more. For information on enjoying our outdoors, go to Visit Calderdale|
The forum membership is so far made up of local people interested in walking, heritage, environmental issues, education, mountain biking, horse riding and the management of Calderdale's paths and bridleways, along with 2 or 3 Calderdale Councillors. It is hoped that more representation from landowners and farmers, the disabled community, and minority countryside user groups can be obtained soon. If you are involved in those latter activities and interested in becoming a member, your nomination can be submitted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You don’t have to be a member to have a view on these issues. As an observer, you can attend and, by arrangement, have the opportunity to ask questions at the Forum meetings. Alternatively, you can email your comments to email@example.com..
Calderdale Local Access Forum will meet at 6.15pm in Halifax Town Hall on the following dates:
- Tuesday 15th November 2016 (AGM).
- Tuesday 14th February 2017.
- Tuesday 16th May 2017.
- Tuesday 15th August 2017.
- Tuesday 21st November 2017.
Minutes of meetings
- Minutes 18 August 2016 [PDF file 242KB]|
- Minutes 17 May 2016 [PDF file 81KB]|
- Minutes 17 May 2016 - Appendix 1 [PDF file 41KB]|
- Minutes 17 May 2016 - Appendix 2 [PDF file 82KB]|
- Minutes 18 February 2016 [PDF file 113KB]|