Requests for spot listing applications should be sent to:
- Sue Evans-Turner (Operations Team)
- Heritage Protection Department
23 Savile Row
London W1S 2ET
Please enclose the following information where possible.
Photographs would be preferred in colour (but not Polaroid, which are never very clear), showing:
- Exterior: All elevations including additions and altered parts, with details of special features.
- Interior: Special features and general shots.
- Relationship to other listed buildings or other items proposed for listing and to nearby buildings.
- Small scale, to show how to get there, for example a street map or Ordnance Survey map.
- Large scale, to show exactly the building(s) under discussion.
- Correct address.
- Date built, architect, for whom built.
- Details of special functions.
- Justification for adding to list.
- Descriptive notes.
- Development proposals or threats which may affect the building and timescale.
Information about the building's owner or occupier, including the name, address, and contact telephone number of:
- Person to contact for permission to view.
- Person who occupies or holds keys for the building.
If people are likely to be at work during the day, please give daytime telephone number. Please indicate if contact should be avoided until the last possible moment (for example, if such contact might precipitate damaging work).
It does not matter if you are unable to supply all the information listed above, just do your best.