Guidance notes on charges
Building Regulations 2010
- Before carrying out building works (defined in the Building Regulations 2010) an application, together with the relevant charge, must be submitted to Calderdale Building Control Services.
- The following notes (for guidance only) are taken from the Council's scheme of charges, a copy of which is available on request.
- Floor areas are calculated by reference to the internal faces of walls enclosing the area.
- Where plans have been rejected, no further charge is payable on resubmission for substantially the same work.
- Works solely to provide access and / or facilities for disabled people to existing dwellings and buildings to which the public have access may be exempt from charges. In this scheme 'disabled person' means a person to whom Section 29(1) of the National Assistance Act 1948 applies.
- Estimated cost means a reasonable cost that would be charged by a person in business to carry out the work shown and may be requested at the time the plans are deposited.
- Minimum charges for certain works. Where the total floor area of an extension to a dwelling exceeds 200m2, the charge is individually determined.
- Calculation of charges:
- Charges for Full Plans applications generally consist of a Plan Charge and an Inspection Charge as per the following tables.
- Charges for Building Notices (in circumstances where a Building Notice may be submitted) are detailed in the following tables.
- Charges for a Regularisation application are individually determined. Please contact Building Control Services for charge.
- Charges for a Reversion application are individually determined.
- Multiple works - your attention is drawn to charges for domestic works detailed under Table B and Table C.
- For information on individually determined applications, please contact the office (telephone number below).
Payment can be made by cash, cheque (cheques made payable to Calderdale Council), debit or credit card.
For more information regarding our Building Regulation Service and Charges please contact us by telephone on (01422) 392223 or send us an email to email@example.com
Data Protection Clause
Calderdale MBC will ensure that any personal information provided by you on the application form will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Calderdale MBC is the Data Controller of the information you have provided on the application form and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the purposes of processing your personal information in relation to your application.
The Council must protect the public fund it handles and so may use the information you have provided on the application form to prevent and detect fraud. The Council may also share this information, for the same purposes, with other organisations which handle public funds. The Council will not share your information for any other purpose without your explicit consent.
For further information about this please contact the Council’s Information Management Co-ordinator on 01422 392298.