Income and spending
Councils are obliged to publish detailed information on their spending and performance in relation to Council Tax.
The Council Tax guide lists the different income streams (including Business Rates) and shows how the money is allocated to each Directorate to deliver your services: .
The spending of public money is regulated by the internal financial regulations contained in the Council's Constitution.
Department for Transport
The capital funding for highway maintenance is received from the Department for Transport.
Open data is about increased transparency and sharing the information we hold with the wider community. We routinely publish a number of datasets and information relating to Income and Spending on our Open data page, such as:
- Senior salaries, Organisation charts, Councillor allowances, Pay policy statement, Salary scales, and Travel and subsistence rates;
- Spending over £500 and Government procurement card transactions;
- Contracts and Grants to voluntary and community organisations;
- Business rates (accounts in credit, empty properties, rateable accounts less than £12,000, small business rate relief and new business rates accounts);
- Parking account and Parking spaces.
To view or download these datasets, see Opendata