Community activities and facilities

Information about activities in your community, local centres where you can get involved and meet people, plus details of the licences required for some events and services.

Alcohol and entertainment licences

Under the Licensing Act 2003, licensable activities need to be covered by a premises licence, club premises certificate or temporary event notice. These activities include play, dance and music performances, film screenings, indoor sporting events and the provision of late night refreshment.

Community centres

Find local community centres and facilities in your area.

Neighbourhood schemes

Friendly, informal activity groups running a wide range of classes for people over 50. Make friends, improve your health and learn something new with classes ranging from Tai Chi, computing and crafts to keep fit, painting, yoga and much more.

Last Updated: 31/12/2013