Child protection

A boy holding his hand in front of his face

If you are worried or have any concerns about a child please contact us as soon as possible.

You can also contact Early intervention support teams for help and support if you need help with your child's behaviour, if your child is having problems at school, if you need some support as you are going through a difficult time, if you need help following the arrival of a new baby or if you have had a family crisis that you cannot cope with.

Children's Social Care work with other agencies such as the NHS and the police to protect children from physical, emotional and sexual abuse and work in partnership with parents to ensure that services and support are available for children in need and their families and carers. The service strives to:

The Child Protection and Review Team keeps the Child Protection Register on behalf of the Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board|External link . For more information about the register or child protection in general, please contact the First Response Team.

Useful links

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre|External link
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) works across the UK and maximises international links to tackle child sex abuse.

ChildLine|External link
ChildLine is the free and confidential 24-hour helpline for children and young people in the UK. Children and young people can call on 0800 1111 to talk about any problem.

Childnet International|External link
Childnet International works with others to help make the internet a great and safe place for children.

National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)|External link
Child Protection line - 0808 800 5000.

Last Updated: 12/09/2014