Calderdale Carers is a local organisation which supports all adults who care in Calderdale, whether they are caring for an adult or child, relative, friend or neighbour. Calderdale Carers is independent from Adults, Health and Social Care.
- Provides a contact point for carers
- Gives advice and information and maintains an information library
- Facilitates regular support groups
- Supports carers to voice their needs
- Produces a regular newsletter
- Promotes more appropriate and better services for carers
- Raises awareness about carers issues
- Provides activities and arranges events for carers
- Provides an emergency back-up plan service
- Provides case workers to help carers access services
- Delivers regular Looking After Me courses for carers
- Facilitates the carers small grants scheme
- Undertakes involvement and consultations with carers.
You can also ask to be added to the mailing list to receive regular information.
- Calderdale Carers
Halifax HX1 5BD.