Air quality reports
Monitoring air pollution across the Borough is an ongoing process. The pollutant of most concern in Calderdale is nitrogen dioxide, mainly associated with road traffic.
Environmental Health publishes a series of reports discussing and assessing these pollutants. Updating and screening assessments consider the situation across Calderdale, highlighting where further investigation may be needed. Detailed Assessments refer to specific investigations, for example of areas identified in updating and screening assessments, and Progress Reports provide annual reviews of the Council's monitoring results.
Where the quality of the air we breathe fails to meet legal standards an Air Quality Management Area may be declared. This leads to a Further Assessment considering the pollution at this specific location and then the creation of an Action Plan aimed at reducing the levels of pollution.
- Updating and Screening Assessment 2015 [PDF file 382KB]|
- Progress Report 2013 [PDF file 2756KB]|
- Detailed Assessment Hipperholme 2012 [PDF file 986KB]|
- Progress Report 2012 [PDF file 1572KB]|
- Updating and Screening Assessment 2012 [PDF file 1085KB]|
- Air Quality Progress Report 2011 [PDF file 1086KB]|
- Air Quality Progress Report 2010 [PDF file 1268KB]|
- Updating and Screening Assessment August 2009 [PDF file 1188KB]|
- Air Quality Review Progress Report 2007 [PDF file 386KB]|
- Air Quality Review Detailed Assessment 2006 [PDF file 987KB]|.
Previous reports can be inspected at the Council's Offices during office hours by prior arrangement. Please contact Environmental Health if you would like to view the previous reports.