Scrap metal dealing licence
For Private Hire and Hackney Carriage licensing enquiries:
- 01422 288001
- In person:
- Calderdale MBC Transport Services,
Battinson Road, Pellon,
Halifax HX1 4PL.
- Opening times:
- Monday to Friday 09.30am to 16.30pm.
(closed for lunch at 12.30pm to 13.30pm)
For all other licensing enquiries:
- 01422 393001 / 01422 393002 / 01422 393131
- In person:
- Customer First
19 Horton Street,
Halifax HX1 1QE.
- By post
- The Licensing Unit
Halifax HX1 1UJ.
The Licensing Unit would welcome your comments on the services which they provide and are continually looking to improve the licensing service provided by the Council.
Your completion of the Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire would greatly assist in our efforts to improve.
In the event of a complaint about a licensed business you should first contact the trader, preferably in writing and with proof of delivery.
If the problem persists you can contact the Council via the Licensed activity complaints form. The Council will then investigate the issue in line with the Licensing Concordat of Good Enforcement.
Failed application redress
An applicant who is refused a licence or licence holder who wishes to appeal against a condition attached to their licence should contact the Licensing Unit.
The Licensing Unit's standards and procedures are outlined in the
If after contacting the service you are still not satisfied, see Compliments and complaints: The Council.
- Approved buildings for the purposes of holding Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership ceremonies, within the Calderdale Registration District: Approved venues for ceremonies.
- Licences and applications in relation to the Licensing Act 2003, motor salvage, caravan sites, gambling and gaming, private hire and hackney carriages: Public register|.
- Animal movements, performing animal, riding establishment, animal boarding,zoo licence holders: the Council doesn't hold a public register of these licences.
Further information in relation to any particular licence, certificate or application is available by contacting the Licensing Unit.