Caravan and camp site licences
The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960| prohibits the use of land as a caravan site unless the occupier holds a site licence issued by the local authority.
Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the following:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- to ensure steps are taken enhance the land, including planting / replanting bushes and trees
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- to ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained.
The applicant must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.
The site will need planning permission prior to consideration for a licence.
Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.
Guidance and application
There is no charge to process a licence application for a caravan or camp site.
Will Tacit Consent apply?
It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. We will endeavour to issue a licence within 6 weeks of a completed application form being submitted.