Health and safety

Environmental Health Services work to improve our health, helping businesses develop safe practices by providing advice and enforcing legislation.

Accident reporting

Employers, self-employed people and people in control of premises have a legal responsibility to report work-related deaths, major injuries, work related diseases and dangerous occurrences.

Food safety

Food businesses must register with the Council before they can operate and are inspected to ensure they are following safe procedures. A national food hygiene rating system assesses food businesses on the basis of hygiene practices and controls.

Health and safety at work

If you have concerns about health, safety or welfare issues at your workplace or a commercial premises you have visited in Calderdale you can contact Calderdale Council's Environmental Health Service.


{{error}} loading

Sign up successful!

All that's left is for you to choose what news and updates are important to you.

{{gd_topics.length}} Available topics:
Save preferences ({{preferences}}) loading

Preferences updated

You've subscribed to {{preferences}} topics. Keep an eye on your inbox for tailored news and updates in Calderdale.

Got it!

Last Updated: 12/11/2015