Doing business with the Council
The council advertises contracts with a value over £10,000 on YORtender|.
As well as Calderdale opportunities, the portal also enables you to view and register interest in the other local authorities across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
You can register on the portal for free and, once registered, you’ll be able to view current contract opportunities advertised across the region, and access user guides and helpdesk support on using the system.
Calderdale Contracts Register
Details of current Council contracts are published on the Council contract register, which can be viewed via the Council's procurement portal, Yortender:
Policies, rules and regulations
The council adheres to strict guidelines when allocating contracts: businesses are advised to familiarise themselves with these before submitting tenders:
- Contract procedure rules [PDF file 231KB]| (part of the Council’s Constitution)
- Procurement Strategy [PDF file 121KB]|
- Social Value Framework [PDF file 110KB]|.
We’re developing more information and guidance to help you in doing business with the Council, including:
- a ‘Doing Business With Calderdale’ guide
- a corporate email address to help you contact the Council for further information
- details of bidders days for larger contracts, ‘Meet the Buyer’ events and information that will help you learn more about how procurement works in Calderdale and improve business contacts and information.