Youth support

Information and advice for young people on health, career and social issues.


This information will help you to answer any questions you may have and to give you advice on who to speak to if you or someone you know is being bullied.

School complaint procedure

If you need to make a complaint about a school related issue it is important that you follow the correct procedure.

Sexual health and contraception

Information and advice about sexual health and contraception, including details of sexual health clinics and other support available for young people.

Substance misuse

Young people in Calderdale who are involved with the misuse of drugs or alcohol can go to Lifeline Branching Out for help.

Young carers

Young carers are children and young people who are the main carers of a sick or disabled parent or sibling.

Young offenders

Calderdale Youth Offending Team has responsibility for dealing with young people under the age of 18 who have been in trouble with the law, or are at risk of offending.

Youth Works

Youth Works drop-in is located in the basement of the YMCA in Halifax town centre. The drop-in is always staffed by two youth workers who can offer advice, information, support or guidance on the whole range of issues that affect young people.

Last Updated: 05/01/2015